Most online shoppers are browsing online stores looking for something. There is a difference between online shopping and in-store shopping, which is why most people have different expectations of the experience. This article will explore what those differences are and how to improve your online store experience so that you can be more effective when selling online.
Reduce Friction On Your Webpage:
One of the biggest reasons people don’t buy online is because they find it too difficult. There are many things you can do to reduce friction on your webpage and make it easier for customers to buy from you.
– Use a simple, easy-to-use checkout process
– Allow customers to save their information so they don’t have to enter it every time
– Use a trusted payment processor like PayPal
– Don’t require customers to create an account in order to make a purchase
Make it Easy for Customers to Find What They Want:
Another reason people don’t buy online is because they cant find what they’re looking for. You need to make sure your website is easy to navigate and that your online store has a clear structure.
– Make sure you have plenty of product tags and categories so customers can find what they’re looking for easily
– Update your online store regularly and add new products as they become available
– Use a good search function to help customers find the specific product they’re looking for
– Put together an FAQ section or knowledge base so customers can quickly answer questions without contacting support
Write Informative And Accurate Product Descriptions:
People who buy online want to know as much about the product they’re buying as possible. They want accurate and informative descriptions so that they can make an informed decision before making a purchase.
– Keep product pages short and sweet by writing in bulleted lists instead of paragraph form, which is more difficult to scan through online than it is if you’re reading it in person
– Write detailed, accurate descriptions that include all of the features and specifications of the product
– Use customer reviews to give customers an idea of what others have thought about the product they’re considering buying
Invest In Your Photos And Images:
When shopping online you cannot physically touch or inspect a product. This is why online shoppers rely heavily on images and photos to make a purchase decision. You need great, high resolution product shots that show the item from all angles as well as lifestyle shots of customers who have been wearing or using your products for an extended period of time.
– Use professional photography equipment if you don’t already own it
– Have a professional photograph your products
– Have lifestyle shots taken of customers wearing or using the product they would buy online
Be Clear About Shipping Details:
One of the most frustrating parts about online shopping is not knowing when or how your order will be shipped. You need to make sure you have a clear shipping policy online and that customers know exactly when they can expect their items.
– Offer fast, free shipping whenever possible
– Clearly communicate the estimated delivery date of all shipments in case there are any delays due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
– Offer expedited options to your customers that enable them to get their good quicker for little or no additional cost
– Ship orders promptly and make sure they arrive on time
Offer Customer Support:
Even the best online stores occasionally experience problems. When this happens, it’s important to have a good customer support system in place so that customers can get help quickly and efficiently.
– Offer multiple ways for customers to contact support, including phone, email, and live chat
– Respond to customer inquiries as quickly as possible
– Have a knowledgeable and friendly support staff that can help resolve any issues the customer is having
Make Unboxing An Experience
When a customer finally gets their online order in hand, they want to feel like it was worth the wait. You can accomplish this by offering a good unboxing experience with your online orders.
– Include an extra treat or little gift for customers when they open up their package (this doesn’t have to be anything major – small candies and coupons work great)
– Package orders in an attractive way that makes the customer feel like they’re getting something special
– Include a thank you note or letter from the company thanking them for their purchase
Make Returns, Refunds, And Exchanges Simple:
One of the main reasons people don’t buy online is because they’re afraid they won’t be able to return the item if it doesn’t fit or they change their mind. You need to make returns, refunds, and exchanges simple for your customers.
– Offer a hassle-free returns policy
– Process returns quickly and efficiently
– Issue refunds as soon as possible
– Make sure you have a customer service department that can help guide customers through the returns process if needed
As online shopping continues to rise in popularity, it can be difficult for brick-and-mortar stores to compete online. However, with the right software and an appealing online experience you will have a good chance of being successful online. It is important to understand that there are differences between selling online and in-store, and you need to be aware of these differences in order to create an online experience that is appealing to customers. By following the tips above, you can ensure that your online store provides a great shopping experience for your customers. Thanks for reading!